Life House is the only drop-in center for homeless youth in Northeastern Minnesota
At Life House, efforts are made to help at-risk youth break the cycles of poverty, homelessness, and abuse. Our LIFELINE Building offers immediate access to emergency needs such as food, shelter, basic health care, life skills development, and "one-on-one" support services in safe housing, education, employment, and positive health.
- The education program is available by drop-in or referral Monday through Friday, 8am - 6pm
- We offer "one-on-one" case management services for low-income youth ages 16-20 seeking help with education and employment goals
- We have school and/or work supplies available, including I.D.'s and birth certificates
- We provide direct employment assistance including job training, job placement, and transportation assistance
- We instruct weekly "Possibilities" career exploration classes held on-site in our Youth Center, available for high school credit
- We offer on-site tutoring and help with school enrollment