Galveston College Upward Bound, a TRIO Program funded through the U.S. Department of Education, is a college preparatory program designed to serve fifty-seven 9th-12th grade students at Ball High School. The goal of Upward Bound is to increase the rates at which participants enroll in and graduate from institutions of post-secondary education by increasing the academic performance and motivation of participants.
- To instill in students a positive attitude towards learning and postsecondary education
- To expose the students to new academic, social, and cultural learning experiences
- To provide academic assistance for each student
- To help the students increase their understanding of and ability to cope with their environment
- To increase school performance and educate students in career and college choices
- To provide fundamental support to participants in their preparation to succeed in pre-college performance and ultimately empowering them to obtain a Bachelor's degree