The Claflin University PRISM Program is an Upward Bound Math and Science Regional Center and is a federally funded TRIO Program. Since 1990, this program has successfully helped students overcome academic, cultural, and social barriers to higher education in science and math related areas. UBMS/PRISM provides a highly focused learning experience in science and mathematics for students with sharp minds and can-do spirits. The UBMS/PRISM Program is designed for students who have a strong interest in pursing a career in a science, math or technology related field. In order to participate in the program, one must:
- Have a keen interest in a science or math career.
- Be enrolled in the 9th, 10th or 11th grade.
- Be enrolled in or have successfully completed Algebra I and Physical Science, unless it is not offered at a student's respective high school.
- Reside in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina or Tennessee.
- Participate in Upward Bound or Talent Search or be eligible for participation (by meeting federal guidelines for income and/or be a potential first generation college student.)