The Be Proud Foundation is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization. The overall mission of the Be Proud Foundation is to help youth make a positive change in their life. We provide experiential learning opportunities targeted at assisting youth in discovering their own thinking errors, misconceptions and gaps in knowledge thereby increasing their chances for a successful life. This includes:
- Providing youth development programs that encourage logical thinking, personal responsibility, and good citizenship;
- Providing community-based alternative programs and services to troubled and/or economically disadvantaged youth;
- Preventing neglect, abuse and exploitation of children and promoting, supporting, and encouraging the physical, mental, and overall well being of children;
- Assist youth in recovering credits needed to graduate from high school;
- Helping youth set goals and overcome problems that could result in dropping out of school, dependency, unemployment, delinquency, poverty, and an inability to reach their full potential; and
- Assisting youth in short and long term career exploration and planning in order to enter the labor force and pursue enrollment in college or other post-secondary education.