The ultimate purpose of the Upward Bound Program is to prepare participants to succeed in a program of postsecondary education.
The Arizona State University Upward Bound Program is designed to increase the academic skills and motivational levels of low-income/potential first-generation college students to the extent that they will complete high school and successfully enter postsecondary educational programs and graduate.
- Improve academic skills through the academic year and summer instruction components.
- Motivate participants to complete high school and to pursue a postsecondary educational program upon completion of high school.
- Empower students to high aspirations and standards both professionally and personally.
- Provide educational opportunities.
- Enhance students' personal, cultural, social, career, and academic awareness and development.